What is RECAP?
The Society for the Resilience and Engagement of the Community of Ashhurst and Pohangina, Incorporated
RECAP is a not-for-profit society for people from Ashhurst and the Pohangina Valley who want to build a stronger sense of community, care for the living environment and the local ecology, and develop new skills and connections that can help make this region sustainable, resilient, and self-reliant.
See Ashhurst dot org to learn more about Ashhurst and the Pohangina Valley.
- To promote the sustainability, diversity, and resilience of the Greater Ashhurst and Pohangina Region.
- In the spirit of this general mission, the Society will engage exclusively in activities that fit within the umbrella of the charitable purposes stated below.
- Advance education in permaculture;
- Advance education that enhances the community's disaster preparedness and ability to respond non-violently to sudden change;
- Run projects within the Greater Ashhurst and the Pohangina Valley Region that enhance the community's resilience in ways that are practical manifestations of the knowledge and values advanced through the educational purposes set out above.
Pecuniary gain is not a purpose of the Society.
Post: 25 Worcester St.
Key Operational Roles:
Garden Exchange Project Coordinator
Olsson Orchard Project Coordinator
Liaison to Living Economies Educational Trust
Administration, LOAVES Working Group Chair, Education Coordinator
Become a RECAP member
If you send us your email address, you will receive notice of any RECAP events, such as conservation planting days and our upcoming LOAVES launch. All members receive notice of our Annual General Meeting and any Special General Meetings. Anyone sixteen or older who lives in Ashhurst (including the entire Ashhurst School catchment area) or the Pohangina Valley may join. There are zero membership fees now and in the foreseeable future.
RECAP was constituted as a not-for-profit incorporated society in July 2010. We are in the process of applying for charitable status.